Health reasons or otherwise, there is good news for Chick-fil-A fans who are looking to ditch gluten.
From buns, sauces, and milk, gluten-free options are available; and the whole menu from breakfast to dinner, all the way to sides and beverages has food items with minimal gluten content.
Chick-fil-A comes with a disclaimer: gluten-free ingredients may come in cross-contact with kitchen tools that have touched entrées or food items that aren’t – a courtesy reminder, but no cause to fret.
Plus, you can always check the ingredients of an entrée if you really want to be sure. Keep reading on to find out more about your options.
Is Chick Fil A Sauce Gluten Free?
The Chick-fil-A Signature Sauce is among the most coveted sauces there is; and just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, it does!
Aside from being an inadvertent masterpiece, the Virginia-made BBQ and honey-mustard mix is also gluten-free. Still curious? A detailed list of its ingredients can be found here.
Chick Fil A Gluten Free Menu
Thankfully at Chick-fil-A, all categories are laden with gluten-free choices. Sandwich lovers may opt for the gluten-free bun.
While preparations entail that these may come in contact with glutenous ingredients. Chick-fil-A also has the 1% milk that is both low-fat and gluten-free.
Juices under this set include the Honest Kids Appley Ever After Organic Juice Drink, and the Simply Orange, orange juice.
Here is a list of other gluten-free items in Chick-fil-A’s menu:
|Gluten Free Items
|Sausage patty, Hash Browns + Scramble Bowl w/ Sausage
|Lunch And Dinner (Grilled)
|Nuggets, Chicken Filet, Chicken Filet Sandwich
|Cobb, Spicy Southwest, Market, Side Salad
|Beverages And Desserts
|Icedream Cup Buddy Fruits Apple Sauce Frosted Lemonade/ Coffee Milkshake: Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla
|Polynesian, Zesty Buffalo, Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Honey Mustard, Barbeque Sauce Honey Roasted BBQ Garden Herb Ranch
|Light Balsamic Vinaigrette, Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Creamy Salsa, Avocado Lime Ranch, Fat Free Honey Mustard
Exploring Gluten Free Menu Chick Fil A
Whoa! That’s a long list. Who would’ve thought Chick-fil-A was a gluten-free haven?
Now, let’s take a look at the menu in detail:
Chick Fil A Gluten Free Breakfast
Breakfast food items from Chick-fil-A include potatoes and sausage patties; by themselves, all these are gluten-free.
- Sausage patty –made of pork sausage
- Hash Browns – potatoes fried to golden brown
- Hash Browns Scramble Bowl w/ Sausage – hash browns, sausages, and scrambled eggs, with cheddar and Jack cheeses.
- Hash Browns Scramble Bowl w/ Grilled Fillet – hash browns, sausages, and scrambled eggs, with cheddar and Jack cheeses.
Gluten Free Gluten Free Lunch and Dinner (Grilled)
Chick-fil-A’s chicken filet and nuggets are all gluten-free. For sandwiches, opt for the gluten-free bun for minimal gluten-content
- Nuggets –made of boneless chicken breasts
- Chicken Filet – a la carte
- Chicken Filet sandwich– with a gluten-free bun
Chick Fil A Gluten Free Salads and Sides
Sides and side juices are mostly fruit-based, and even the cheeses used are gluten-free.
- Cobb Salad – consists of mixed greens, and pressure-cooked chicken nuggets, with Jack and cheddar cheeses
- Spicy Southwest Salad – mixed greens + tomatoes, Jack and cheddar cheeses, red bell peppers, black beans, poblano chiles, and roasted corn
- Market Salad – mixed greens, grilled chicken breast, and fruits like red and green apples, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Side Salad – mixed greens topped with Jack and cheddar cheeses, and grape tomatoes
- Fruit Cup – this chilled mix consists of chopped red and green apples, blueberries, fresh strawberry slices, and mandarin oranges
- Greek Yogurt Parfait – Organic vanilla bean Greek yogurt with fresh berries.
- Kale Crunch Side – a blend that consists of green cabbage and kale.
- Waffle Potato Fries – waffle cut potatoes sprinkled with sea salt
Gluten Free Beverages and Desserts
Luckily, going without gluten doesn’t have to make you thirsty, as all beverages in the Chick-fil-A roster are gluten-free. Yes, that’s right! Including the milkshakes. Enjoy!
- Buddy Fruits Apple Sauce – a blend of apples, apple juice, and cinnamon; served in a kid-size pouch of 3.2 oz.
- Frosted Lemonade – a blend of Chick-fil-A Icedream and the diet lemonade
- Frosted Coffee – a blend of cold brewed coffee.
- Icedream Cup – frozen and gluten-free vanilla-flavored dairy.
- Milkshake – a chocolate/ strawberry/ vanilla Chick-fil-A Icedream (ice cream) blend topped with whipped cream and a finishing touch of cherry on top.
How To Order Gluten Free Items From Chick Fill A?
In-store, online orders, pickup, and drive-thru are all ordering options at Chick-fil-A. You may also order through the app – for this, service and delivery charges may apply and vary.
Outside the app, you may order online at https://order.chick-fil-a.com/get-started. Simply click on the Menu option and choose your preferred gluten-free item.
You will have two options: order pickup and order delivery. For the former, you may pick up your order at the nearest Chick-fil-A branch.
Do Chick-Fil-A Milkshakes Have Gluten?
The base ingredient of Chick-fil-A milkshakes is the Icedream ice cream which is gluten-free. You may enjoy your milkshakes without worrying about them as they have no gluten content.
Milkshakes come in 3 flavors: Strawberry, Chocolate, and Vanilla. They come served with whipped cream and a cherry on top. However, when served through delivery, there is no cherry included.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can Celiacs Eat At Chick Fil A?
Celiacs or people with gluten intolerance will find a safe haven in Chick-fil-A.
The fast food chain offers a host of options from full meals, to sandwiches with gluten-free buns, gluten-free sides, salads, dressings, and more.
All their beverages are likewise gluten-free.
Does Chick-Fil-A Have Gluten-Free Chicken?
Chick-fil-A Nuggets and Grilled Chicken Filets are all gluten-free.
Are Chick-Fil-A Fries Gluten Free?
Celiacs with a penchant for fries or potato in general are in luck.
Chick-fil-A Waffle Potato Fries and Hash Browns are gluten-free.
Munch away on the crunchy potatoes, worry-free!
Does Chick-Fil-A Have Gluten-Free Buns?
Chick-fil-A has gluten free buns but are prone to cross-contamination since food preparations are done by hand.
Because of this, Chick-fil-A encourages customers to assemble their own sandwiches – with a sealed and pre-packaged gluten-free bun, and Grilled Chicken Filet.
What is in Chick-Fil-A Gluten-Free Bun?
The flour used for gluten-free buns is usually legume and grains flours. Other ingredients include rice, quinoa, millet, and sorghum.
Is The Chicken Tortilla Soup At Chick-Fil-A Gluten-Free?
The Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla soup is not listed on their website’s gluten-free menu. It is not gluten-free.
Eating gluten-free can be a challenge when you’re eating on the go. Thanks to Chick-fil-A celiacs and health-conscious people alike now have an option from a ubiquitous food source.
So if you’re running from gluten, stop at Chick-fil-A or roll by their drive-thru. With a menu, they’ve got you covered.